lunes, 23 de octubre de 2017

Post 4: Medical Antropology



First, If I have to be honest, Anthropology is a really strange career. Actually, I study this career.
I am in my fourth year, and now I think that this career is the most strange, different, particularly of all disciplines of the social sciences but, why do I think this? Well… it’s a long way, and in this blog post, I can’t talk about all the way that I had to go during these four years, nevertheless I can tell you through this blog, as is the sub-discipline and in which I am interested in studying.

Anthropology is a discipline that is interested in studying the human being in a holistic way. It’s object of study is the culture and forms of social organization that has developed the human being through its history. This discipline has different areas of study, in my personal case the area of the Medical Anthropology is the theoretical line that interests me to continue investigating, but… ¿What does this discipline study?



The health, the sufferings, and the diversity of diseases are different in each culture. Each society socially constructed and means these elements within their cultural context, the study of medical anthropology, is to approach these ways of conceptualizing them, and the ways in which health is part of the cultural context of each society.

Today the biomedical system is the hegemonic model that predominates in the health in the western society. The ethnological studies to indigenous cultures and diverse cultures have contributed to consider different ways in which health is conceived in societies, establishing a more critical framework in the ways in which plans and programs are implemented in health and well-being of the human being

1 comentario:

  1. The litle things that I know about Medical Antropology are that really here in our country is less developed than in other parts of Southamerica, so I think that is really valuable that you focus in area that can help to preserve the ancestral knowledges of our indigenous cultures

    ResponderEliminar