lunes, 13 de noviembre de 2017

Post 9: Changes to my study program

Today in this post, I will write more deeply about the career I am currently studying, which is social anthropology. As I’ve said in my previous posts, I'm in the fourth year of my career, and next year, I must do my final research, to finish the study program and get an academic degree. I’ll first start by telling you about the curriculum, and some subjects that we have studied throughout this study program. First of all, this writing will be based on my and my friends' experience, because we have shared some insights about the career and how it is structured and how it delivers different knowledge and skills through the courses. In my opinion, the structure of the study program is deficient in content and depth, because I think that the study program of my career doesn’t have some contents like contemporary anthropological theory, contents on methodologies and research tools more deeply, I also consider that the exits to field trips that we have in the career are deficient in what respects to what should be able to prepare an anthropology student to learn how to do ethnography. Talking about the workload that implies the time devoted to the courses in some semesters is heavier in some than in others, however, I believe that the readings are poorly distributed in the courses, because sometimes it exceeds in its quantity the possibility that a student who also has life outside the university has time to read everything. Despite the aforementioned, I believe that we have a program of studies that integrates various contingent themes, such as courses on anthropology of gender, anthropology of migration, politics, medical, cinema, religion, among others, which integrate interesting and necessary topics to form us in an integral way as professionals that we will be.
To the finish this post, I’ll like to write about the faculty doesn’t have enough infrastructure and buildings to do all the activities that are done in that space. I consider, that the faculty has precarious conditions for the educational community and workers. It doesn’t have enough rooms, laboratories, tools, an adequate research file catalog, an adequate library and according to the number of students of this faculty, to mention some of the deficiencies that it has.

2 comentarios:

  1. You career needs a lot of laboratories, tools that in psychology we don't need, so it's interesting to me to read about this! thank you for sharing, and yes we need a bigger library, we don't fit in that tiny box.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'm sorry for your experience here, seems you have a lot of thoughts shared with the other students, and people should hear you out. About all those more current topics, my guess is that there will be some years before those get to be in the career programme... Maybe as an elective course? I hope this gets settled in the near future.

    ResponderEliminar