lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

Post 7: I will never know enough about Jazz; and that is why I love it.


I really like Jazz music, like, a lot. But I don’t hear it since a very long time. Is more of a recent taste, or one that, even if I liked it “all my life”, I haven't really got into it until recently. Maybe, that is a blessing;  since I don’t know very much yet, there is always something new, and wonder that surrounds me in ways that are hard to describe. The classics, Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc. were truly amazing to experience, and I couldn't get them out of my body -not that I ever wanted them to-, and new jazz fusions like Snarky Puppy seems to be music performances never fathomed by anyone before. They just make you either jump and give yourself to them, or just keep still in awe and enjoy.


Now I know a lot more than when I started listening to them but is still hard to talk about it with people that truly know about music in general and jazz. Even then, hearing them out, present what little do I know in comparison, is really helpful to me. Not only they make me feel relaxed, focused, or just allow me to “stay”, but they also help us to share and talk about whatever is on our minds. Learning from and with people will always be a productive experience. Jazz music is astoundingly varied, there is something -I believe- for everyone, and for almost every situation. These two reasons are fundamental to me; listening to jazz not only allows us to be there, but also open us to new experiences; and second, these new experiences are also new ways to be, since they are deeply important to others, and the way in which they are. They help us to cope with everyday situations, feelings and predicaments that would otherwise impossibilitate us. These songs relate to us in ways that are, sometimes, very subtly. I want to leave you all with one of them. It is probably nothing special -or a widely known piece- to a lot of you, but for me, in this precise moment, is very important. Hope you can also like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbxtYqA6ypM

2 comentarios:

  1. I find it very rare and so precious that you like jazz this much. I recently started listening to it and I really like it, it's kind of magical, you know?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't know anything about jazz, but it's always great read just a little about it !

    ResponderEliminar